Thursday 20 March 2014

Happy one month in Zurich to me!! - March 21, 2014

Technically my one month is tomorrow, but who's counting.
Now I know what you're thinking, not another picture of a sunrise and the view, well yeah, I know, sorry, but this one comes with a message. 

This picture doesn’t really begin to convey the absolute beauty of the Swiss Alps with the sunrise shining on it at half six on a Wednesday morning. But it gives you an idea and I really hope that it can inspire you to go after what you want in life. 
Yesterday morning when I woke up, I hadn't really slept that well, I was super tired and it made me feel a little bit sick, needless to say my 6:30 start was not appreciated and I wanted nothing more than to just roll over and go back to sleep. I have a job though and I needed to get up and do it, so I climbed out of bed and headed up the stairs to the kitchen to start making breakfast. As I got to the top of the stairs, I just stopped and looked out at this view and as it  has done on previous mornings, it just stunned me. There has been a lot of mist the last few weeks so this was the first morning in a while that I had been able to see the Alps in the background and the sun was shining on it and I thought wow.
Not everyday is great, we all have shit days in life, it's part of living and being human, but having something like that to wake up to every morning, it just makes the day a little better. It doesn't have to be a view, it might be a person (although don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose), music, a tv show, anything, it doesn't matter as long  that  brings a smile to your face. You have to find your own joy and happiness in life, because you are the only one that will have to live with the regret of being unhappy and not making the most of everyday.
If you don’t like your job, then don’t do it. Look for something that you will enjoy doing, or even just start taking an evening class that will help you to get you to where you want to be. Get a hobby, when was the last time you tried something new and stepped out of your comfort zone? You will be so amazed what can happen to your life if you do, life is there to be lived, and I don’t even care that some of you will be rolling your eyes, like whatever, because seriously, roll your eyes all you want, but your the one that will suffer if you don't find something that makes you want to get out of bed every morning.
Looking out at the mountains yesterday morning just put things in perspective for me. I was in another country, living my dream, and there are even more amazing things coming in the next few months, I didn’t need to be a bad mood, because it isn’t going to do me or anyone any good at all. Okay, I still felt a bit sick and tired, but I felt motivated to try and change the day around. I turned the radio on, made a fruit salad and put a smile on my face, and it's amazing what a smile can do. 
People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be” 

- Abraham Lincoln


So be happy, be the happiest you have ever been, you are never as young as you are right now, and forever isn't going to last. 
Also a big thank you to everyone who is reading my blog, I love you all enormously.

See ya laters potaters
xxxxx